Our Homeschooling Journal

Our Homeschooling Journal

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Our Home (Before!)

October will be three years that we've lived in our home. We weren't looking to move when we found this house, in fact, we lived literally around the block. We believe in communal living...just kidding, but seriously I do love that idea...We live in the same neighborhood as my grandparents, my parents and one of my sisters. Our current house is on the same street as my parents and sister ! It's GREAT. Seriously. Having baby sitters literally all around you is amaaazing. Again, JK..love you mom and Mema! ;) I was driving down the street to my moms house 3 years ago and saw an estate sale, so we stopped and went in and I remembered that I had been in this house a long time ago when my grandma had sold it (she is a former real estate agent). It was a really great house- really ugly, but really great. SO much space, a cute and cottagey feeling backyard, lots of gorgeous 90's wallpaper. Ew. Yeah, the wallpaper situation was atrocious. Every surface was wallpapered. EVERY. SURFACE. But I could see past all of the mauve, floral patterns, and those scratchy long linen feeling curtains. I made Nathan come look at it with me and he liked the bones of it too. We immediately started wondering if we could sell ours FSBO and buy this one. At the time I was running a successful photography business so we had double income and we knew we would make some money on our current house since we had put a lot of work into it. Long story short, everything worked out perfectly and we closed on our house on October 30th, 3013. I just randomly found some before and during photos and I wanted to share them. I'll update with new ones soon :) It's come a long way!




























No comments:

Post a Comment